About Our Church
We are now meeting at the Whiting YMCA 1938 Clark Street, Whiting, IN 46394. Enter through the side door across for the large parking lot, you’ll see our sign out front of the entrance. Our worship time is 10:00a.m. But we have exciting news. We are tearing down our old Church building and building a new, larger church building on our old lot at 1829 Central Avenue, Whiting, IN 46394. Our old church has been torn down and now we are getting ready to break ground on our new church this year. The new church will open in early to mid 2020.
Welcome to New Life Christian Church! We are a Restoration Movement, non-denominational Christian Church. Our story begins in 1905, when a few families with a love for Christ and a vision for the future began meeting together in a home. Three years later, they were meeting in their new church building on Central Avenue. The church was called First Church of Christ. And now, 113 years later, we are still worshiping our awesome God together. In 2004, we changed our name to New Life Christian Church to make our church more identifiable as a Restoration Movement Christian Church.
Our church is truly like a family, and we gladly embrace new family members. We love others as Christ loves us. Here are some things you might be interested to know about our church:
- Our worship style is contemporary with a praise band and a casual atmosphere.
- We have no dress code. Come dressed however you feel most comfortable in church – suit and tie, t-shirt and jeans, pants or dress. Just come!
- Our Easter Service is being held, this year, at Clark High School’s Auditorium at 10:00 on the corner of 119th Street and Stanton Avenue in Whiting, IN. There is a parking lot across the street.
- Our Kara Ladies Group meets once a month from October through April.
- Our teen youth program is called Impact, and meets on Monday Nights at 7:00pm during the school year. Once the new church is built, we will be starting several new teen ministries. Keep checking back for more information.
- Spark! is our Children’s Ministry for grades K – 5th. Spark! kids have their own worship service downstairs each Sunday at 10:00 a.m. while the adults are in their worship upstairs.
- We have an attended Nursery for toddlers age 2 – pre-K. These little ones have their own special parties throughout the years.
- The Senior Saints of our church (age 70+) enjoy some outings throughout the year.
- We have an annual Church Kickoff, typically the second Sunday in September, and everyone is encouraged to wear their favorite team’s jersey to church that day. After the worship service, we have a potluck and watch the Chicago Bears opening game of the football season on the church’s big screen TV.
- We also have an annual all-church touch football game at Forsythe Park in Robertsdale. Our church people of all ages are invited to play – children through Senior Saints.
- Each year we have a Costume Party the Monday before Halloween for our church members, as well as for our community.
- Every other year we have The Living Christmas Tree production during the first two weekends of December. The Living Christmas Tree is a fun and professional musical production and light show. The next production will be December 2020.
We’d love to have you worship with us. Come check us out and see what God is doing at New Life Christian Church!